Friday 31 July 2015

Day 13 - Hartland Quay to Duckpool

Set off early as a long hard day to come. This section is renowned as probably the hardest with ten river valleys to cross... and steep up and downs they are!


But breathtaking too :)


Speke's waterfall

Bumped into Kate and stopped to chat and she sponsored me and gave me great encouragement.



Each place where the cliffs are separate is another valley to descend and ascend - very tiring on the leggy loos! But each valley brought it's own reward :)


Sometimes odd ones when carefully descending a really steep set of steps, muttering like mad woman I look up and there is an aging, green haired, black-clad punk stood right next to me! Nearly went rolling down the hill as he greeted me in a strong Glaswegian accent! The last thing I would have expected, then he went bounding off like the hill was nothing leaving me wishing I'd got a photo! Proof at least fir the daughters who remarked..."are you sure he was really there????" And trust you to see a leprechaun! !"



And another doorway to forever. ..


Thistle waving at me :) hiya baby boy xx

Other delights I
included friendly wildlife...


And incongruous juxtapositions...


The day got long and energy less so wild camping was in order.
Duckpool - not quite to Bude...

No comments:

Post a Comment