Monday 27 July 2015

Day 9 - To Westward Ho!

Little sleep and I set off so early at an angry pace for Barnstaple. i got there and decided to catch the bus to Instow. Couldn't cope with Barnstaple no. Did all my Cruse counselling there and so much emotion was in that place for me I had to just get gone.

So a little cheat bus ride to the Instow 'ferry' but justified especially with lack of sleep thrown in.


The ferry was a little motor boat and I was the only passenger for that crossing! Well Jamal came too but he didn't take up much room... We enjoyed the short trip across to Appledore.








And its a nice little place - quaint old streets of multi coloured houses.


This was a little one way street and at the end is the life boat station and a little old lade with 3 wee dogs approached to chat. Many people are stopping me when they see the pack I carry. She told me stories of the storms that washed away the coastal path down the road - in her words 'battered the crap out of us!' Then we saw a woman making a wrong turn down that one way street despite the signs - uh oh - we watched to see what would happen then abruptly the old lady said 'silly bitch I suppose I'd better go and sort her out!' only reporting this as sometimes it is so funny to hear these words come out of the mouths of innocent looking old ladies!

On around the marshes and dunes to Westward Ho - why does that sound like  a cowboy convention?


Jamal made me get a room here as I needed to recharge - me and my batteries! oh the bliss of a bed! but I know I have at least three hard days ahead on this part of the coast so not feeling guilty...well not much ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment