Monday 27 July 2015

Day 8 - On to Braunton

Up and away with a donation to the cause - thank you :)

I was just thinking I wouldn't like to live here... but up on the cliffs was a little folly of a deserted lifeguard lookout, like a little castle ( shoulda taken a pic) and I couldn't help thinking what a wonderful tiny house it would make, right there with a most wonderful view :)


Round the bend of the coast I can see Braunton and yet another very long beach...


Cloudy yes, but getting hotter and humid.

The path here goes around the back of the dunes - the Braunton burrows. Yes humidity was not good and dodging golf balls and horseflies eating me alive
 Wish I'd gone along the beach!

Also went round the back of a military training ground.. bullets??


No but had my lunch sitting here hoping for a nice squaddie...;)

Awful long military road again that just went on and on then emerged onto the mudflats and marshes of the estuary- cue more biting things for me to be dinner for!

But it did have it's own kind of desolate beauty in a way - water colours come to mind.





Walked on past Braunton. Old man in wheelchair stopped for a chat and directed me to only campsite for miles bless :)

Well it was a lovely thought but being woken up by helicopters overhead for the second time at 3.30am was no joke! Turns out there was a military airfield in the vicinity! :(

No comments:

Post a Comment