Tuesday 28 July 2015

Day 10 - Westward Ho to Clovelly

Good breakfast and a nice walk out of Westward Ho. I passed the 'haunted house' on my way - spooky old place famous in those parts. Apparently some old lady actually lived there til recently. If you look through the windows all the furniture is there just gathering dust and there is a sign on the gate telling people to keep out and that the house is still 'occupied'!

The path goes on down the old Westward Ho to Clovelly railway line - smooth and easy to start...


Then steadily up and over high cliffs


There are not many people up here either just a few hardy dog walkers and a hiking couple. I am loving the solitude

The next part of the section takes me into woods and humid undergrowth.  Eaten alive but that is the curse of fair skin and red hair!



As the day goes on, I can see Clovelly in the distance,  getting nearer..

The last part of this section is 3 miles of a narrow road called the hobby drive. It meanders through more woods and it is getting late. 

I finally decide to camp just above Clovelly there and pitch up in the woods.

No comments:

Post a Comment