Sunday 23 August 2015

Day 23 - St Ives to Morvah

So began the journey around the western most end of the country. It took me up onto high cliffs in the wind with many rocks. Sometimes walking, sometimes scrambling...



It was a wild and windy day. The surf was boiling over the rocks, seagulls crying....just a wonderful display of nature and beauty round every bend.
Man made, in evidence too with this unnamed stone circle on Trevalgan cliff.


I was in awe of this section. I felt a 
connection to all of it. I talked to Jamal most of the way and especially when the going was tough. ..there are some really hairy scarey bits and carrying a pack makes you a little unstable too!



There were hardly any people aroind that day - only around the populated parts like Zennor which is so famous for it's carved mermaid in the church. ..no not got a photo as it meant a detour of a mile....
But I do have photo of another sea creature I was privileged to see playing...


Not easy to see but the little blob in the middle is a seal. Too far to get a good photo but watched for a while :)
What a treat this day was!

And so in this manner the day continued. .the beauty and desolation a medicine for my soul.





The wind got stronger and colder as the day progressed and after a particularly difficult scramble , I decided to change my original plan and continue the last couple of miles to Pendeen by road. I checked my map and was close to a point where I could transfer from the cliff and made my way past Bosigran castle ruins and some cheeky horses to relative safety of tarmac.


It got colder and windier and I was hoping for the miles to pass quickly when I rounded the bend to Morvah and saw....


What a vision! Couldn't quite believe it at first but someone knew I needed a break...and who can resist the mod cons??


Or the promise of an unexpected party.
.......:)


More of a ceilidh, the evening went well with music, local honey cider.... (oooh be careful!)...


........and clog dancing!?!

I could hear Jamal chuckling in my ear and I was smiling...

No comments:

Post a Comment