Saturday 15 August 2015

Day 19 - Watergate Bay to Holywell Bay

Donna dropped me off nice and early after another night with family, and I set off from Watergate Bay with the promise of a hot day brewing..


They were starting the prep for Boardmasters up on the cliff, reminding me I am in surfdom with Newquay, our Blackpool of the south just round the corner..


This part of Cornwall is such a mix of beautiful beaches and scenery and tacky tourism...look at this beauty on the way to Newquay! 


And the best way to view Newquay at this time of year ;)..


I passed through with mixed feelings to the heat of the sandy beaches. First Fistral


Then Crantock beach, which seemed to go on for ever as the path crossed it. Walking through sand is not so easy with a heavy pack!


The beautiful landscape returned between here and Holywell Bay and I found myself reflecting on a previous visit to Holywell not long after losing Jamal,  Donna and I took the boys and struggled with a double buggy through the sand. I see that day in my mind in colours of red and black on the sand. A lot of that time seems to me to be colours of death. Sometimes no other images just colours and feelings...

But today there is blue and green,  soothing to heart and eye..


And a new thistle for me too to make a smile and a tear.


He is with me I know it .

No comments:

Post a Comment