Tuesday 18 August 2015

Day 22 - Gwythian to St Ives - A walk with Stephan x

Stephan is Jamal's best friend/brother from another mother...however he does call me mum ha ha. Arriving early to meet me he wandered around the site asking if anyone knew where his mum was ? A few bemused faces when he found me...
I was glad for his company as Gwythian was our local beach when the kids were younger and so many memories.  Steph also had his own mad teenage memories of he and Jamal and buddies ... 
we remember, 
we talk 
and we say his name - Jamal xx



We only had the morning but made the most of it with Stephan carrying my pack for a few hours. :)

By the way those dreads are my work from years ago...they were created over 12 hours with Stephan screaming like a girl and squeezing Jamal's hand as though giving birth!! They were only about 4 inches long then...

We walked along the beach and into Hayle where you have to circumnavigate the estuary...we ended up on a sandbar in the wildlife reserve...backtrack and down the road to the pub!


St Ives in the distance...


Said goodbye to Steph and carried on alone to St Ives. The path led along the shore and wound through the big houses of Carbis bay.


I camped outside St Ives and could look down on it and visible was the Tate...yet another reminder.... Things we shared or had planned to share...


Xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment