Monday 10 August 2015

Day 17 - Polzeath to Treyarnon

So, days late but finally back on track, I was dropped off on an already hot morning at the surfers' paradise of Polzeath.


The way was fairly easy going and many runners were out and about. This was a sure sign I was back in civilisation- or the tourists' equivalent! 

The path led to the ferry from Rock to Padstow. This was boarded from the beach..



The ferry deposited me on the other side of Padstow, so no need to brave the throngs. I travelled a coastline of beautiful coves and bays but overflowing with windbreaks and bodies...
Most, but not all thankfully...


Coming out of the estuary, the cliffs rise once more and are fill of inlets and crags ...
Butter hole


Stepper point...


The tower has it's own secret door to forever too...


Such a beautiful coastline with rugged cliffs and amazing views.


The lifeboat station..


The lighthouse at Trevose head..


But all these beautiful sights and experiences pale into insignificance as the day lengthens. I am meeting Donna and the boys at Booby's bay!


Well it turned out to be Treyarnon but no worries.. :) who cares where when 2 little squiggles are wrapping their little arms round me and looking at me with Jamal's eyes...?

An evening of fish and chips and kite flying


And a most gorgeous sunset - Jamal smiling on us xxx

2 comments:

  1. Many happy memories of holidays at Treyarnon. I'm loving your blog. What a wonderful way to honour Jamal's memory and raise money for such a worthwhile cause. Keep walking! Jude x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and I intend to do just that...am actually at halfway point but behind in my blog due to internet access problems.... such is the coastal path ;) x

      Delete