Monday 17 August 2015

Day 20 - Holywell Bay to St Agnes

Stopped at a camp almost on the beach...no signal or wifi whatsoever....but plenty of rabbits lol :)


Not such a blistering day but once more the rigours of sand were the order of the first part of the path, starting with the dunes of Holywell. Warnings of adders at the first gate.... I knew we got adders here but had never seen one. Warning observed though :s


Stick to the main paths?? Actually be very careful as they seem to like sunbathing right on the path!!
Saw two but both too quick for me to photo and be warned their colours are the same as the dead dry ferns and hard to see..

Rounded the cliffs towards Perranporth on a tiny path on the side of the cliff and it was windy too. Have almost conquered my fear of heights doing this - no choice really :/




You enter Perranporth beach at the less popular end and there is a beautiful old cliff quarry before the long stretch of yellow sand..



I have mixed feelings about Perranporth.It is a beautiful beach no question. It was an integral part also to my move to Cornwall. But now someone stays there that caused a lot of problems for me and that has tainted my outlook. I don't want to linger here...

Off I went



St Agnes was my goal - well a bit further... The wind got stronger and the landscape changed from sand to loose rock and heather. I was travelling through quarries and I was not enjoying the walk really.  The redeeming factor was the colours...I can't quite capture the vibrancy in photo but tried - 




The cliffs too, sported a different red tinge and man had left his mark...



I eventualy arrived at St Agnes, which has a lovely cove and I carried on the path to get to my camp for the night.


Somewhat off the track but a great site and full of blooms!

No comments:

Post a Comment