Monday 17 August 2015

Day 21- St Agnes - Gwythian

Setting off bright and early and encountering another engine house first off. There are many of these in Cornwall.


But a glimpse of another 'doorway' is a feast for my eyes...


The path led on to Porthtowan and Portreath with coves in between.



Surfers and kayakers appeared.


Further on was a deep valley and crippling steps...


These things are sent to challenge muscle and mind. Determination is the key. 

But then came Portreath... ....no offence to Portreath dwellers but there is something about this place that troubles me and always has. I don't know what. I was dreading coming here and rightly so.

Had a complete meltdown. Couldn't leave for some reason and found myself walking up and down talking to myself and crying......must have looked like a crazy woman but who cares???  It is close to Camborne where we first lived in Cornwall and memories flooded. I phoned Stephan - Jamal's best friend and he couldn't come rescue me so eventually had to bus it out a couple of stops just to break the connection..

I got out at Hell's Mouth and walked to Gwythian from there..
No peace today.

No comments:

Post a Comment